Major Program Areas Emphasized
- Mosquito Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Biology and Control of Mosquitoes in Human-Made and Natural Containers.
- Mosquito Production Associated with Wastewater Treatment and Disposal Areas and with Stormwater Detention/Retention Systems.
- Biology and Ecology of the Indian River Lagoon Estuary and Associated Flora and Fauna.
- Genetic, Morphological and Ecological Differentiation of Malaria, Virus, and Filaria Carrying Mosquitoes.
- Evaluating and Predicting Encephalitis Epidemics in Florida.
- Nutritional Needs of Florida Mosquitoes.
- Behavior and Biocontrol of Mosquitoes and Sandflies.
- Removal Trapping as a Means of Controlling Biting Arthropods.
- Modeling of Mosquito and Sandflies and the Diseases They Carry.
- Providing handbooks, various videos, fact sheets, technical bulletins, brochures, computer tutorials, traveling displays and exhibits, a quarterly magazine, a news-letter, workshops, seminars, and training courses.
Go to Research Areas